Saturday, October 4, 2008

Week #6 Question #3

One thing I found interesting in this chapter was the section titled factors affecting memory. I had already known previously of the phenomena of melding memories into one, and have even experienced this with my own memories. I did not know however, about such cases as the one examined by Pratkanis and Aronson. In cases such as this people were actually convinced that they had extensive involvement throughout their life time in events that they previously were unaware of (apparently most of these cases and events involve an extreme case of cultural taboo). I would have initially thought something throughout these lines to have been a case of clear cut brain washing. The fact though that these cases are advocated by the involved individual community makes it unique. It makes me wonder If these same constructs were at work in Salem.

No comments: